While climate change is likely to alter the spatial distributions of species and habitat types, the nature of those changes is uncertain, making it more difficult for conservationists to implement standard planning models. Research from applied economists at the University of Illinois shows that adapting a theory from the world of finance could help to optimize conservation activities.
- Mountain ranges may act as "safe haven" for species facing climate changeTue, 9 Nov 2010, 10:52:25 EST
- Optimizing climate change reductionThu, 16 Sep 2010, 10:29:13 EDT
- Species distribution models are of only limited value for predicting future mammal distributionsTue, 15 Dec 2009, 11:28:57 EST
- Climate change and species distributionsMon, 4 Aug 2008, 7:56:33 EDT
- The worst impact of climate change may be how humanity reacts to itFri, 6 Aug 2010, 11:17:17 EDT