Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 13:00 in Astronomy & Space
New results from NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer (IBEX) reveal that the bow shock, widely accepted by researchers to precede the heliosphere as it plows through tenuous gas and dust from the galaxy does not exist.
- New IBEX data show heliosphere's long-theorized bow shock does not existThu, 10 May 2012, 23:31:35 EDT
- IBEX satellite finds ribbon-like structure at edge of heliosphereThu, 15 Oct 2009, 15:16:15 EDT
- IBEX scientists isolate mysterious 'ribbon' of energy and particles that wraps around heliosphereThu, 31 Mar 2011, 13:37:12 EDT
- IBEX finds surprising changes at solar boundaryThu, 30 Sep 2010, 17:24:49 EDT
- First IBEX maps reveal fascinating interactions occurring at the edge of the solar systemThu, 15 Oct 2009, 14:41:17 EDT