New research indicates that domestic horses originated in the steppes of modern-day Ukraine, southwest Russia and west Kazakhstan, mixing with local wild stocks as they spread throughout Europe and Asia. The research was published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).
- Mystery of the domestication of the horse solvedMon, 7 May 2012, 23:32:55 EDT
- Wild Iberian horses contributed to the origin of the current Iberian domestic stockThu, 7 Jan 2010, 12:28:44 EST
- Evidence of earliest known domestic horses found in KazakhstanFri, 6 Mar 2009, 11:27:14 EST
- Archaeologists find earliest known domestic horsesThu, 5 Mar 2009, 14:33:02 EST
- Genome sequence for the domestic horse to be unveiledThu, 5 Nov 2009, 15:22:05 EST