Friday, May 4, 2012 - 04:00 in Paleontology & Archaeology
Long before freeways and parking lots, a naturally occurring asphalt first appeared on roads in about 600 B.C. You can still see patches of it in the ancient city of Babylon.
- Alternative energy hits the roadTue, 12 Aug 2008, 14:56:30 EDT
- WHOI scientists find ancient asphalt domes off California coastSun, 25 Apr 2010, 13:25:17 EDT
- Component of asphalt eyed as new fuel sourceWed, 23 Sep 2009, 13:19:06 EDT
- False light: Reflection from human structures leads creatures into perilThu, 8 Jan 2009, 8:14:34 EST
- Lavas from Hawaiian volcano contain fingerprint of planetary formationThu, 19 Jun 2008, 15:22:09 EDT