Head outside on any clear night this week and you wont be able to miss brilliant Venus decorating the western horizon. Right now its surrounded by a host of bright winter stars like Capella, Betelgeuse, Aldebaran and the Pleiades. But, dont stop there. Use any type of optical aid and youll see the planet is in the crescent phase right now and bigger than Jupiter in apparent size!
- Red giant star Betelgeuse is mysteriously shrinkingTue, 9 Jun 2009, 20:56:20 EDT
- Where did Venus's water go?Thu, 18 Dec 2008, 9:50:56 EST
- Venus Express finds planetary atmospheres such a dragThu, 7 Oct 2010, 10:05:17 EDT
- Was Venus once a habitable planet?Thu, 24 Jun 2010, 10:06:20 EDT
- Venus is alive -- geologically speakingThu, 8 Apr 2010, 15:40:43 EDT