Organically grown potatoes have a higher gene expression of starch production than conventional ones. This statement is put forward by RIKILT, part of Wageningen UR, researcher Jeroen van Dijk, who can tell organically grown potatoes from conventional ones by measuring the RNA in the plant cells. But he cannot say if organic potatoes are any healthier for this.
- Organic onions, carrots and potatoes do not have higher levels of healthful antioxidantsWed, 5 Jan 2011, 12:07:29 EST
- Organic onions, carrots and potatoes do not have higher levels of healthful antioxidantsWed, 3 Nov 2010, 14:01:22 EDT
- Genome of Irish potato famine pathogen decodedWed, 9 Sep 2009, 13:23:13 EDT
- Potato psyllid research helps producers determine best management practicesTue, 21 Jun 2011, 18:32:04 EDT
- BGI contributes whole genome sequencing and bioinformatics expertise to potato genome researchMon, 11 Jul 2011, 9:34:54 EDT