In classical mythology, the cypress tree is associated with death, the underworld and eternity. Indeed, the family to which cypresses belong, is an ancient lineage of conifers, and a new study of their evolution affords a unique insight into a turbulent era in the Earth's history.
- Earth history and evolutionThu, 3 May 2012, 13:22:45 EDT
- A new evolutionary history of primatesThu, 17 Mar 2011, 18:04:55 EDT
- Oxygen-free early oceans likely delayed rise of life on planetMon, 10 Jan 2011, 16:10:36 EST
- Martian history: Finding a common denominator with Earth'sTue, 20 Nov 2012, 21:03:33 EST
- Fool's gold gives scientists priceless insight into Earth's evolutionFri, 22 Jul 2011, 14:35:24 EDT