In a paper published May 3, in the journal Evolution, University of Cincinnati graduate student Karl Grieshop and Michal Polak, associate professor of biological sciences at UC, examine the role of genital spines in the reproductive success of a species of fruit fly. Their investigation identifies the specific type of advantage these spines bestow in the competition to reproduce.
- Duda, where'd my spines go?Sat, 9 Jan 2010, 1:47:14 EST
- Study identifies risk factors for complications after spine surgeryWed, 21 Sep 2011, 16:38:31 EDT
- Sheep that shed light on personality differencesTue, 15 Sep 2009, 16:07:47 EDT
- Seminal fluid secrets revealed -- new method identifies male proteins in female fruit flyTue, 29 Jul 2008, 1:28:43 EDT
- Breakthroughs in treatment of spine and back conditionsWed, 10 Mar 2010, 8:24:18 EST