(Phys.org) -- Pigeons are renowned for their ability to find their way home from a release point hundreds of miles away, but scientists have never fully understood how they are able to achieve the feat. Now a new study has shed more light on this perennial puzzle.
- Mutant gene responsible for pigeons' head crestsThu, 31 Jan 2013, 16:38:21 EST
- Mutant gene gives pigeons fancy hairdosThu, 31 Jan 2013, 15:39:58 EST
- Scientists give extinct passenger pigeon a place on the family treeThu, 7 Oct 2010, 9:03:21 EDT
- Pigeons' homing skill not down to iron-rich beak cellsThu, 12 Apr 2012, 11:34:18 EDT
- Milking the pigeon: extracting the mechanisms involvedMon, 19 Sep 2011, 13:34:56 EDT