Honda Motor announced the development of the worlds first technology to detect the potential for traffic congestion and determine whether the driving pattern of the vehicle is likely to create traffic jams. Honda developed this technology while recognizing that the acceleration and deceleration behavior of one vehicle influences the traffic pattern of trailing vehicles and can trigger the traffic congestion.
- P2P traffic controlWed, 7 Jan 2009, 9:51:39 EST
- Free-flowing traffic with ORINOKOTue, 13 May 2008, 11:00:58 EDT
- Cellphone data helps pinpoint source of traffic tie-upsThu, 20 Dec 2012, 16:37:13 EST
- A mathematical model for moving bottlenecks in road trafficWed, 19 Jan 2011, 11:37:44 EST
- New test equipment enhances police traffic surveillanceThu, 28 Oct 2010, 10:06:55 EDT