A group of Chinese and Australian scientists, including CSIRO, have developed a handheld, battery-powered plasma-producing device that can rid skin of bacteria in an instant. The handheld plasma flashlight could be used in ambulance emergency calls, natural disaster sites, military combat operations and many other instances where treatment is required in remote locations.
- Handheld plasma flashlight rids skin of notorious pathogensThu, 5 Apr 2012, 9:34:45 EDT
- Plasma produces KO cocktail for MRSAThu, 26 Nov 2009, 2:56:52 EST
- Popular handheld devices show promise in the field of emergency radiologyThu, 21 Jan 2010, 15:32:19 EST
- Ionized plasmas as cheap sterilizers for developing worldTue, 15 Nov 2011, 20:31:30 EST
- Process in big-screen plasma TVs can produce ultra-clean fuelMon, 22 Mar 2010, 12:37:59 EDT