As militaries develop autonomous robotic warriors to replace humans on the battlefield, new ethical questions emerge. If a robot in combat has a hardware malfunction or programming glitch that causes it to kill civilians, do we blame the robot, or the humans who created and deployed it?
- Robots fighting wars could be blamed for mistakes on the battlefieldMon, 23 Apr 2012, 16:22:47 EDT
- First steps toward autonomous robot surgeriesTue, 6 May 2008, 10:42:15 EDT
- Military use of robots increasesMon, 4 Aug 2008, 20:21:41 EDT
- Advances made in walking, running robotsWed, 26 May 2010, 15:02:23 EDT
- Wag the Robot? Brown scientists build robot that responds to human gesturesWed, 11 Mar 2009, 9:40:27 EDT