Every year, more than a million Americans receive an artificial hip or knee prosthesis. Such implants are designed to last many years, but in about 17 percent of patients who receive a total joint replacement, the implant eventually loosens and has to be replaced early, which can cause dangerous complications for elderly patients.
- New test shows promise for detecting warning signs of joint replacement failureWed, 27 Apr 2011, 11:05:23 EDT
- Total knee replacement patients functioning well after 20 yearsThu, 17 Feb 2011, 0:34:02 EST
- Titanium coating with protein 'flower bouquet' nanoclusters strengthens implant attachmentWed, 18 Aug 2010, 14:23:22 EDT
- Kaiser Permanente demonstrates success of large-scale total joint replacement registryThu, 22 Jul 2010, 8:56:48 EDT
- A sporting chance for active total knee replacement patientsFri, 12 Mar 2010, 7:22:22 EST