According to a Russian news story, a report just released by the Russian Academy of Sciences suggests sending a satellite with a radio beacon to asteroid 99942 Apophis for better determining its trajectory and finding out how big of a threat it might be to Earth in passes the asteroid will make in 2036 and 2068.
- Asteroid-hunting satellite a world firstThu, 26 Jun 2008, 12:35:53 EDT
- Rendezvous with an asteroidThu, 26 May 2011, 14:40:24 EDT
- MIT: New research suggests that near-Earth encounters can 'shake' asteroidsWed, 20 Jan 2010, 13:27:37 EST
- Asteroid impact helps trace meteorite originsWed, 25 Mar 2009, 14:22:30 EDT
- Solar wind tans young asteroidsWed, 22 Apr 2009, 13:45:00 EDT