The Superconducting Submillimeter-Wave Limb-Emission Sounder (SMILES) is the first onboard mechanically cooled superconducting mixer and high-resolution system for measuring atmospheric minor constituents related to stratospheric and mesospheric chemistry. SMILES collected high-quality observation data for six months until the instrument encountered trouble. These data indicate the excellent performance of the SMILES instrument as the data analysis progressed, and the data are expected to produce a mine of new scientific information.
- Ultrafast laser pulses shed light on elusive superconducting mechanism: U of British ColumbiaThu, 29 Mar 2012, 16:37:18 EDT
- New instrument puts new spin on superconductorsFri, 10 Oct 2008, 17:42:51 EDT
- 'Smile doctors' create, restore and enhance patients' smilesThu, 9 Oct 2008, 10:38:20 EDT
- A baby's smile is a natural highMon, 7 Jul 2008, 3:07:53 EDT
- Smile as you read this: Language that puts you in touch with your bodily feelingsFri, 7 Aug 2009, 10:29:31 EDT