(Phys.org) -- On April 4, 2012, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) did a 360. It rolled completely around its axis something it does twice a year. In this movie, the dizzying view looks as if the sun went for a spin, but, of course, it stayed perfect still while SDO did the turning.
- SDO and STEREO spot something new on the sunMon, 9 Apr 2012, 15:41:42 EDT
- NASA's SDO provides first sightings of how a CME formsFri, 1 Feb 2013, 9:56:39 EST
- NASA sees sun send out mid-level solar flareThu, 19 Jul 2012, 12:08:19 EDT
- Getting NASA's SDO into focusSat, 6 Oct 2012, 8:04:04 EDT
- NASA sees second biggest flare of the solar cycleWed, 7 Mar 2012, 21:32:59 EST