Monday, April 9, 2012 - 12:00 in Biology & Nature
A new study offers compelling genetic evidence that head and body lice are the same species. The finding is of special interest because body lice can transmit deadly bacterial diseases, while head lice do not.
- Head and body lice appear to be the same species, genetic study findsMon, 9 Apr 2012, 14:32:26 EDT
- Pubic hair provides evolutionary home for gorilla liceWed, 11 Feb 2009, 10:50:26 EST
- Study shows that suffocating head lice works in new treatmentWed, 24 Feb 2010, 1:08:47 EST
- Bird louse study shows how evolution sometimes repeats itselfThu, 16 Aug 2012, 12:07:34 EDT
- Lice genomes: Pieces of a new puzzleMon, 30 Mar 2009, 17:50:45 EDT