Money doesn't buy happiness. Neither does materialism: Research shows that people who place a high value on wealth, status, and stuff are more depressed and anxious and less sociable than those who do not. Now new research shows that materialism is not just a personal problem. It's also environmental.
- Consumerism and its antisocial effects can be turned on -- or offMon, 9 Apr 2012, 20:31:37 EDT
- People care about source of money, attach less value to 'tainted' wealthTue, 23 Apr 2013, 21:23:29 EDT
- Money makes the heart grow less fond... but more hardworkingWed, 9 Jul 2008, 11:16:21 EDT
- Father-son team says positive gains can be made in 'psychological wealth'Sat, 8 Aug 2009, 18:07:38 EDT
- Buying experiences, not possessions, leads to greater happinessSat, 7 Feb 2009, 16:28:30 EST