(PhysOrg.com) -- A compound found in red wine, grapes and other fruits, and similar in structure to resveratrol, is able to block cellular processes that allow fat cells to develop, opening a door to a potential method to control obesity, according to a Purdue University study.
- Red wine, fruit compound could help block fat cell formationWed, 4 Apr 2012, 14:36:00 EDT
- UF review of resveratrol studies confirms potential health boostTue, 21 Jun 2011, 12:34:18 EDT
- Red wine's resveratrol may help battle obesityMon, 16 Jun 2008, 12:07:43 EDT
- Resveratrol, red wine compound linked to health, also found in dark chocolate and cocoaTue, 14 Oct 2008, 13:07:19 EDT
- Fruit fly pest identified in wine grapesThu, 15 Oct 2009, 16:30:58 EDT