Although nuclear waste has been produced for a long time, there is still no good way to discard the highly toxic material, which remains hazardous for up to 130 000 years. In his new book titled Nuclear Waste Management and Legitimacy. Nihilism and Responsibility, Mats Andrén, professor in History of Ideas and Science at the University of Gothenburg, discusses the nuclear waste issue from a humanistic perspective.
- Experts call for local and regional control of sites for radioactive wasteThu, 9 Jul 2009, 14:33:09 EDT
- Nuclear waste requires cradle-to-grave strategyFri, 1 Jul 2011, 5:22:34 EDT
- DIAMOND to tackle UK nuclear waste issuesThu, 1 May 2008, 10:21:16 EDT
- Addressing the nuclear waste issueMon, 4 Apr 2011, 14:36:29 EDT
- Hospital scanner could curb nuclear waste threatFri, 29 Jan 2010, 10:17:38 EST