Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 16:30 in Earth & Climate
Without fungi and microbes to break down dead trees and leaf litter in nature, the forest floor might look like a scene from TV's "Hoarders."
- Pulp NonFiction: Fungal analysis reveals clues for targeted biomass deconstructionFri, 23 Mar 2012, 10:34:47 EDT
- Handful of heavyweight trees per acre are forest champsWed, 2 May 2012, 22:34:41 EDT
- Food security for leaf-cutting ants: Workers and their fungus garden reject endophyte invadersThu, 2 Apr 2009, 19:11:40 EDT
- Landscape tree disease from 12 wood decay fungi studiedThu, 30 Dec 2010, 10:11:32 EST
- Bacteria on old-growth trees may help forests growTue, 7 Jun 2011, 13:34:45 EDT