Backyard gardeners who make their own charcoal soil additives, or biochar, should take care to heat their charcoal to at least 450 degrees Celsius to ensure that water and nutrients get to their plants, according to a new study by Rice University scientists.
- Cooking better biochar: Study improves recipe for soil additiveThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:35:44 EDT
- Charcoal takes some heat off global warmingTue, 10 Aug 2010, 11:23:53 EDT
- Limitations of charcoal as an effective carbon sinkThu, 1 May 2008, 18:07:43 EDT
- Is biochar the answer for ag?Mon, 2 Aug 2010, 0:36:49 EDT
- Can biochar help suppress greenhouse gases?Fri, 18 Mar 2011, 11:04:17 EDT