(PhysOrg.com) -- Scientists know that using supercapacitors in conjunction with batteries could greatly increase the fuel economy of hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) due to the fact that supercapacitors can recover and supply energy much more quickly than batteries. This ability, for example, allows a supercapacitor to recover all of the energy during hard braking, while a battery would allow the energy to be wasted in frictional braking due to its inability to quickly harvest energy.
- Is there a micro-supercapacitor in your future?Wed, 28 Apr 2010, 1:44:45 EDT
- Cheaper, greener, alternative energy storage at StevensMon, 23 May 2011, 13:32:54 EDT
- Enhanced electrical energy storage may result from professor's researchThu, 12 May 2011, 16:24:34 EDT
- Researchers develop method to examine batteries -- from the insideSun, 12 Feb 2012, 20:31:39 EST
- Activated graphene makes superior supercapacitors for energy storageThu, 12 May 2011, 16:24:26 EDT