Microbiologists at Aarhus University (Denmark) have developed a new method for measuring the very slow metabolism of bacteria deep down in the seabed. The results can provide knowledge about the global carbon cycle and its long-term impact on the climate.
- Great balls of evolution: UMass microbiologists evolve microorganisms to cooperate in new wayThu, 2 Dec 2010, 14:43:59 EST
- New research into the deep ocean floor yields promising results for microbiologistsMon, 14 Jun 2010, 12:33:43 EDT
- Global monsoon drives long-term carbon cycles in the oceanFri, 8 May 2009, 10:22:32 EDT
- Big uncertainties in the global water budgetWed, 13 Jun 2012, 12:36:44 EDT
- Measuring carbon dioxide over the oceanTue, 19 Jan 2010, 11:25:20 EST