Northern Australia is dealing with two tropical systems today, and both were close enough to be captured on one satellite image. One of them has strengthened enough to be named Tropical Cyclone Lua, while the other is still getting organized and is a tropical low pressure area. The unnamed storm is currently close enough to the coast to generate warnings, while Lua is not.
- NASA sees tropical cyclone double-trouble for AustraliaWed, 16 Feb 2011, 14:37:20 EST
- NASA Satellite sees two 'tropical fists' threatening AustraliaTue, 15 Feb 2011, 17:33:18 EST
- NASA sees Australian newborn Tropical Storm Errol's strongest T-storms off-shoreFri, 15 Apr 2011, 13:07:11 EDT
- NASA's TRMM Satellite sees TD10S strengthen into Tropical Storm BiancaWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:43:46 EST
- GOES satellite sees a triple header in the tropicsFri, 22 Jul 2011, 22:33:22 EDT