At Geneva International Airport, SRB Energy delivered the first of the solar panels that will form one of the largest solar energy systems of Switzerland. Ultimately, some 300 high-temperature solar thermal panels will cover a surface of 1200 square metres on the roof of the airports main terminal building. The panels, which will be used to keep the buildings warm during the winter and cool in the summer, are derived from vacuum technology developed at CERN for particle accelerators.
- Making solar panels with cleaner, greener technologyWed, 23 Feb 2011, 12:12:32 EST
- Solar Panels Keep Buildings CoolMon, 18 Jul 2011, 16:36:03 EDT
- Debunking solar energy efficiency measurementsMon, 10 Jan 2011, 14:07:27 EST
- Solar-thermal flat-panels that generate electric powerSun, 1 May 2011, 14:01:24 EDT
- Solar power game-changer: 'Near perfect' absorption of sunlight, from all anglesMon, 3 Nov 2008, 13:28:36 EST