The AIRS instrument on NASA's Aqua satellite provided forecasters with an infrared look at what was happening "under the hood" of Tropical Storm Irina's clouds and saw two reasons why it temporarily weakened before moving into the Mozambique Channel and heading for landfall in Mozambique in a couple of days.
- NASA's Aqua satellite sees Tropical Storm Bongani approaching Mozambique ChannelWed, 25 Nov 2009, 14:52:20 EST
- Major Tropical Cyclone Funso analyzed by 2 NASA satellitesWed, 25 Jan 2012, 17:39:38 EST
- NASA sees heavy rains in Tropical Storm Bingiza, possibly headed for second landfallThu, 17 Feb 2011, 17:03:13 EST
- NASA's infrared satellite sees warmer cloud tops in Tropical Storm MartyThu, 17 Sep 2009, 18:43:43 EDT
- NASA satellites see Ida spreading out before landfallMon, 9 Nov 2009, 17:16:13 EST