New international agreements are required to ensure nations benefit equally from medicines, foods and biofuels derived from the ocean's untapped genetic riches, according to a panel of University of British Columbia and European researchers presenting at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in Vancouver on Feb. 17.
- Marine spatial planning: A more balanced approach to ocean managementSat, 20 Feb 2010, 12:16:04 EST
- US Atlantic cod population to drop by half by 2050Thu, 12 Feb 2009, 18:43:43 EST
- Studying the evolution of life's building blocksMon, 20 Feb 2012, 10:32:39 EST
- Researchers discover new genetic factors associated with successful aging in the AmishWed, 3 Nov 2010, 12:37:04 EDT
- Syracuse University scientist to speak on evolution and Islam at AAAS Annual MeetingMon, 21 Feb 2011, 11:34:09 EST