(PhysOrg.com) -- Shattering their own world record from two years ago, scientists from the University of Birmingham in the UK have created the unofficial worlds smallest atomic valentine. Their tiny heart measures approximately 5 nm x 3.5 nm, a significant downsizing of the 8-nm heart from 2010.
- Smallest ever quantum dots bring real world applications closerTue, 27 Jan 2009, 16:22:14 EST
- UCLA physicists create world's smallest incandescent lampWed, 6 May 2009, 16:23:10 EDT
- New record for measurement of atomic lifetime Wed, 7 Sep 2011, 21:33:44 EDT
- Quantum hot potato: NIST researchers entice 2 atoms to swap smallest energy unitsWed, 23 Feb 2011, 13:35:57 EST
- Using a laser to 'see' the smallest worldWed, 19 Sep 2012, 15:05:49 EDT