NASA satellites are providing valuable data to forecasters as Tropical Cyclone Iggy nears Western Australia. NASA's Aqua satellite provided visible and infrared data on Iggy, observing colder cloud tops and strengthening storm. Iggy has already triggered warnings and watches along coastal areas.
- NASA sees cyclone Lua strengthening for March 17 landfallFri, 16 Mar 2012, 22:31:43 EDT
- NASA infrared satellite data gives System 96S a fair shot at becoming a tropical cycloneThu, 10 Feb 2011, 17:34:16 EST
- NASA sees tropical cyclone double-trouble for AustraliaWed, 16 Feb 2011, 14:37:20 EST
- NASA Satellite catches a tropical cyclone forming near Darwin, AustraliaTue, 15 Feb 2011, 17:33:12 EST
- NASA uses 3 satellites to see strengthening Tropical Storm NicoleWed, 29 Sep 2010, 13:39:24 EDT