Monday, January 23, 2012 - 06:30 in Health & Medicine
A research team led by Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute has for the first time demonstrated that the effect of obesity on the risk of premature death is seriously underestimated unless a person's hip circumference is taken into account.
- Large thighs protect against heart disease and early deathThu, 3 Sep 2009, 23:30:38 EDT
- Waist-hip ratio better than BMI for gauging obesity in elderlyTue, 1 Sep 2009, 15:15:25 EDT
- Obesity not always protective following surgeryMon, 18 Apr 2011, 11:34:14 EDT
- Low testosterone linked to heightened risk of early deathWed, 20 Oct 2010, 5:01:18 EDT
- Obesity is a killer in nonsmoking womenWed, 29 Jun 2011, 4:03:10 EDT