(AP) -- Supporters have offered $1 million for her release. Annual demonstrations have demanded her return to the Northwest. Over the years, celebrities, schoolchildren and even a Washington state governor have campaigned to free Lolita, a killer whale captured from Puget Sound waters in 1970 and who has been performing at Miami Seaquarium for the past four decades.
- Paternity testing helps fill in family tree for Puget Sound's killer whalesThu, 21 Jul 2011, 15:36:28 EDT
- Too few salmon is far worse than too many boats for killer whalesWed, 6 Jun 2012, 22:33:01 EDT
- The sky is falling (less) onto Puget SoundMon, 4 Oct 2010, 16:02:30 EDT
- What do killer whales eat in the Arctic?Mon, 30 Jan 2012, 12:35:28 EST
- Killer whales and the mystery of human menopauseThu, 1 Jul 2010, 10:24:21 EDT