Long-term observations made by the Finnish Meteorological Institute at the Pallas Atmospheric Research Station indicate a positive trend in the quality of air in Lapland during the past 10-20 years. This favorable trend may be threatened by increased marine transport emissions from the Arctic Ocean, which may remain free of ice owing to climate change.
- Air quality has continued to improve in Finnish LaplandWed, 21 Sep 2011, 20:33:44 EDT
- Climate in northern Europe reconstructed for the past 2,000 yearsMon, 9 Jul 2012, 11:07:13 EDT
- DNA barcoding verified the discovery of a highly disconnected crane fly speciesMon, 21 May 2012, 0:20:43 EDT
- Long-term cooling trend in Arctic abruptly reverses, signaling potential for sea riseThu, 3 Sep 2009, 14:33:36 EDT
- Europe clears the airMon, 9 Jul 2012, 13:03:02 EDT