A team of scientists from The Scripps Research Institute have successfully reengineered an important antibiotic to kill the deadliest antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The compound could one day be used clinically to treat patients with life-threatening and highly resistant bacterial infections.
- Additive restores antibiotic effectiveness against MRSAMon, 22 Oct 2012, 17:35:06 EDT
- Antibiotic-resistant bacteria have evolved a unique chemical mechanism, new discovery revealsThu, 28 Apr 2011, 14:35:30 EDT
- Dangerous liaisons: Bacterial 'sex' causes antibiotic resistanceThu, 11 Jun 2009, 14:43:14 EDT
- Researchers find compound effective in destroying antibiotic-resistant biofilmsThu, 8 Apr 2010, 15:40:37 EDT
- Challenges in stemming the spread of resistant bacteria in intensive careWed, 13 Apr 2011, 18:04:57 EDT