An amorphous-seed mediated strategy has been developed in the Center for Nanoscale Materials Nanophotonics Group at the Argonne National Laboratory for creating bifunctional nanoparticles composed of silver and iron oxide nanodomains. These hybrid particles exhibit unique optical properties due to surface plasmon resonance from the silver and superparamagnetic responses from the iron oxide.
- Iron oxide nanoparticles becoming tools for brain tumor imaging and treatmentMon, 2 Aug 2010, 17:09:02 EDT
- Brown chemists create cancer-detecting nanoparticlesTue, 27 May 2008, 22:35:49 EDT
- Surface plasmon resonances of metal nanoparticles in array can have narrower spectral widthsFri, 14 Nov 2008, 10:57:28 EST
- NIST scientists gain new 'core' understanding of nanoparticlesThu, 27 May 2010, 12:55:54 EDT
- Silver cycle: New evidence for natural synthesis of silver nanoparticlesWed, 11 May 2011, 13:00:15 EDT