A study revealed at SNM's 58th Annual Meeting is comparing the breast-tumor detection capabilities of two very different imaging technologiesbreast-specific gamma imaging (BSGI), which provides functional images of breast physiology, and ultrasoundfor women with complex breast imaging cases that require further evaluation. Many women who have dense breast tissue (radiodense breasts) are difficult to image using mammography, currently the gold standard of breast imaging. For women whose mammograms are not clear enough to determine whether cancer is present, support methods such as BSGI and ultrasound are used to answer any remaining diagnostic questions.
- Gamma imaging provides superior tumor detection for dense breastsMon, 6 Jun 2011, 13:38:18 EDT
- Novel imaging agent targets breast tumor developmentMon, 6 Jun 2011, 13:39:07 EDT
- Breast density tied to specific types of breast cancerWed, 27 Jul 2011, 16:41:18 EDT
- Breast cancer staging should include breast MRI, study suggestsMon, 3 May 2010, 16:01:30 EDT
- Breast cancer screening: No added value through mammographyFri, 26 Feb 2010, 9:47:59 EST