The first study of the social and ethical issues associated with a provocative approach to treatment for ulcerative colitis has found that the majority of potential patients are eager for what is now called "fecal microbiota transplantation" to become available, although many have concerns about donor selection, screening, and methods of delivery.
- Patients with bowel disease eager to test 'fecal' therapyThu, 2 Jun 2011, 10:39:28 EDT
- Fecal microbiota transplants effective treatment for C. difficile, Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseMon, 31 Oct 2011, 15:39:56 EDT
- Fecal immunochemical testing best and most cost-effective method for screening for colorectal cancerTue, 23 Nov 2010, 18:02:20 EST
- Study underway to find an alternative cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisMon, 16 Jun 2008, 15:07:57 EDT
- Colitis patients diagnosed later in life tend to have better disease outcomesMon, 2 Aug 2010, 17:09:00 EDT