Researchers at the University of Florida and Metagenics Inc. today announced that a program consisting of a breakthrough medical food combined with a low-glycemic, Mediterranean-style diet is almost twice as effective as one of the best diets alone for lowering risk factors for cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- ESC statement on the control of type 2 diabetesFri, 19 Dec 2008, 9:30:17 EST
- Twin study shows Mediterranean-style diet improves heart functionTue, 15 Jun 2010, 17:24:07 EDT
- Low-glycemic diet shows greater improvement in glycemic control than high-fiber dietTue, 16 Dec 2008, 16:37:10 EST
- Virgin olive oil and a Mediterranean diet fight heart disease by changing how our genes functionWed, 30 Jun 2010, 11:05:20 EDT
- Exercise and Mediterranean-type diet combined associated with lower risk for Alzheimer'sTue, 11 Aug 2009, 16:40:29 EDT