A new gene expression technique adapted for single molecule sequencing has enabled researchers at the RIKEN Omics Science Center (OSC) to accurately and quantitatively measure gene expression levels using only 100 nanograms of total RNA. The technique, which pairs RIKEN's Cap Analysis of Gene Expression (CAGE) protocol with the Helicos® Genetic Analysis System developed by Helicos BioSciences Corporation, opens the door to the detailed analysis of gene expression networks and rare cell populations.
- HeliScopeCAGE: A new gene expression analysis technique on a single molecule sequencerWed, 18 May 2011, 18:38:37 EDT
- Novel technique reveals both gene number and protein expression simultaneouslyThu, 22 Sep 2011, 12:38:12 EDT
- New technique allows simultaneous tracking of gene expression and movementTue, 16 Dec 2008, 4:42:49 EST
- Synthetic gene circuit allows precise dosing of gene expressionTue, 10 Mar 2009, 15:24:49 EDT
- Mean new microRNA data analysis method gives sharper resultsMon, 15 Jun 2009, 19:21:56 EDT