Every 30 seconds, infectious diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis kill as many people as Jack the Ripper did in his entire career. New research published in BioMed Central's open access journal International Journal of Health Geographics demonstrates how the mathematical model of geographic profiling, used in the hunt for serial killers, can help combat infectious diseases.
- CSI: InfectionWed, 18 May 2011, 4:33:38 EDT
- Electronic monitoring and mapping enables malaria managementWed, 20 May 2009, 11:39:43 EDT
- Getting aid to where it is neededMon, 4 Jul 2011, 20:32:27 EDT
- Research calls for better assessment of tests for tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and malariaTue, 17 Nov 2009, 15:52:57 EST
- NTDs burden in Latin America and the Caribbean may exceed that of HIV/AIDS, TB and malariaWed, 24 Sep 2008, 10:43:40 EDT