A team of scientists has combined embryological observations, genetic sequencing, and supercomputing to determine that a group of small disk-shaped animals that were once thought to represent a new class of animals are actually starfish that have lost the large star-shaped, adult body from their life cycle.
- Study: Rare deep-sea starfish stuck in juvenile body planMon, 2 May 2011, 12:21:57 EDT
- Seeing starfish: The missing link in eye evolution?Fri, 5 Jul 2013, 11:35:57 EDT
- Protein study helps shape understanding of body forms Wed, 9 Mar 2011, 11:39:28 EST
- Marine scientists return with rare creatures from the deepTue, 6 Jul 2010, 11:23:50 EDT
- Simple marine worms distantly related to humansWed, 9 Feb 2011, 13:37:34 EST