Today, scientists from the California Academy of Sciences will launch the most comprehensive scientific survey effort ever conducted in the Philippines, documenting both terrestrial and marine life forms from the tops of the highest mountains to the depths of the sea. They will be joined by colleagues from the University of the Philippines, De La Salle University, the Philippines National Museum and the Philippines Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, as well as by a team of Academy educators who will work to share the expedition's findings with local community and conservation groups. The expedition, which will conclude with a symposium at the University of the Philippines on June 8, is funded by a generous gift from Margaret and Will Hearst.
- More than 300 new species discovered in the Philippines by California Academy of SciencesFri, 24 Jun 2011, 15:36:28 EDT
- Discovering drugs, biofuels in tropical seasTue, 7 Oct 2008, 8:36:16 EDT
- Typhoon Mirinae already raining on the PhilippinesFri, 30 Oct 2009, 16:47:09 EDT
- Mirinae floods Philippines, makes landfall in Vietnam with strong thunderstormsMon, 2 Nov 2009, 14:50:39 EST
- 2 new owls discovered in the PhilippinesFri, 17 Aug 2012, 14:34:25 EDT