Researchers show how to use portable devices' built-in motion sensors to improve data rates on wireless networks
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 08:00 in Mathematics & Economics
For most of the 20th century, the paradigm of wireless communication was a radio station with a single high-power transmitter. As long as you were within 20 miles or so of the transmitter, you could pick up the station.
- MIT research: Portable devices' built-in motion sensors improve data rates on wireless networksWed, 13 Apr 2011, 12:02:35 EDT
- Device captures ambient electromagnetic energy to drive small electronic devicesThu, 7 Jul 2011, 13:07:44 EDT
- New wireless sensor network keeps tabs on the environmentWed, 4 Jun 2008, 17:15:15 EDT
- Radio waves 'see' through wallsSun, 11 Oct 2009, 23:35:32 EDT
- Record-speed wireless data bridge demonstrated: Takes high-speed communications the 'last mile'Mon, 27 Feb 2012, 14:32:48 EST