Beauty is said to be in the eye of the beholder, but a new study reveals that the reverse is also true; unattractiveness is in the eye of the beheld. Research published in Ethology finds that people with bloodshot eyes are considered sadder, unhealthier and less attractive than people whose eye whites are untinted, a cue which is uniquely human.
- Is beauty found in the whites of the eyes? 'Red eyes' associated with the sad and unattractiveThu, 7 Apr 2011, 10:05:20 EDT
- Beauty is in the medial orbito-frontal cortex of the beholder, study findsWed, 6 Jul 2011, 23:35:17 EDT
- Researchers discover new 'golden ratios' for female facial beautyWed, 16 Dec 2009, 15:44:43 EST
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder the world overFri, 15 Oct 2010, 15:13:17 EDT
- NIH funds massive genome studies that identify genetics behind white blood cell countsThu, 30 Jun 2011, 18:36:31 EDT