Reducing cardiovascular risk factors like high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes and being overweight could potentially reduce more than half of all cases of atrial fibrillation, according to research reported in Circulation: Journal of the American Heart Association.
- Avoiding health risks could prevent more than half of all cases of atrial fibrillation Mon, 28 Mar 2011, 16:36:12 EDT
- Lessening medication for atrial fibrillation does not reduce side effectsTue, 14 Oct 2008, 17:28:23 EDT
- Study finds link between atrial fibrillation and an increased risk of death in diabetic patientsWed, 11 Mar 2009, 20:37:45 EDT
- Use of omega-3 does not appear to reduce recurrence of atrial fibrillationMon, 15 Nov 2010, 9:33:12 EST
- Atrial fibrillation associated with increased risk of death and cardiovascular events in womenTue, 24 May 2011, 17:02:43 EDT