Travelers over the long holiday weekend can count on one Christmas present: great satellite data from the GOES series of satellites to help them in their travels. Data from the GOES-13 and GOES-11 satellites were used to create a full image of the continental U.S. on Dec. 23 at 1145 UTC (6:45 a.m. EST) as travelers make their way across the country to their holiday destinations.
- New satellite image of ash spewing from Iceland's volcanoMon, 19 Apr 2010, 11:39:04 EDT
- Strategies for improved collection of national travel dataTue, 15 Mar 2011, 11:03:31 EDT
- A catalyst for families: Experts comment on importance of Christmas dinnerTue, 16 Dec 2008, 12:54:31 EST
- Jet-lagged and forgetful? It's no coincidenceWed, 24 Nov 2010, 18:07:08 EST
- GOES-13 satellite animation shows US severe storms and tornado outbreakMon, 18 Apr 2011, 17:33:50 EDT