Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:32 in Biology & Nature
Using fruit flies as a model to study embryo formation, scientists report in Nature Cell Biology that molecular breakdown of a protein called Bicoid is vital to normal head-to-tail patterning of the insect's offspring.
- Fruit fly study digs deeper into poorly understood details of forming embryosTue, 21 Dec 2010, 10:34:19 EST
- Digital embryo gains wingsMon, 5 Jul 2010, 1:35:38 EDT
- Developing fruit fly embryo is capable of genetic correctionsMon, 9 Mar 2009, 20:36:49 EDT
- Newly discovered molecular switch helps decide cell type in early embryo developmentMon, 11 Aug 2008, 12:35:35 EDT
- Gap junction protein vital to successful pregnancy, researchers findWed, 10 Sep 2008, 11:23:33 EDT