They are often accused of being distracting, but recent research has found that action packed video games like Halo and Call of Duty can enhance visual attention, the ability that allows us to focus on relevant visual information. This growing body of research, reviewed in WIREs Cognitive Science, suggests that action based games could be used to improve military training, educational approaches, and certain visual deficits.
- How video games stretch the limits of our visual attentionWed, 17 Nov 2010, 22:37:14 EST
- Action video game players experience diminished proactive attentionTue, 13 Oct 2009, 15:51:08 EDT
- CMU neuroscientists identify how the brain works to select what we (want to) seeTue, 21 Feb 2012, 23:31:34 EST
- Video games lead to faster decisions that are no less accurateMon, 13 Sep 2010, 12:30:16 EDT
- Utah researchers discover how brain is wired for attentionMon, 1 Nov 2010, 16:34:46 EDT