When consumers visit garden centers in spring they will most likely buy flowering ornamental plants that are ready for their home gardens. Studies have shown that consumers favor plants that are already in flower rather than those that are "vegetative" -a preference that can present multiple challenges for commercial growers.
- Rotating high-pressure sodium lamps provide flowering plants for spring marketsMon, 20 Sep 2010, 16:16:06 EDT
- UK geneticists shed light on flowering plantsTue, 29 Jun 2010, 18:29:26 EDT
- Landing lights for bumblebeesMon, 11 Oct 2010, 20:31:15 EDT
- Gardener's delight offers glimpse into the evolution of flowering plantsTue, 4 Sep 2012, 15:35:43 EDT
- Scientists discover 'switch' in plants to create flowersWed, 18 Apr 2012, 0:34:13 EDT