Researchers at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) have discovered yet another reason to filter the foreign white cells from donor blood: The resulting blood product is associated with dramatically fewer cardiopulmonary complications for patients who received a transfusion.
- Filtering donor blood reduces heart, lung complicationsTue, 22 Jun 2010, 15:06:08 EDT
- Teen blood donors have higher risk of donation-related complicationsTue, 20 May 2008, 17:15:38 EDT
- Researchers successfully perform first injection of cultured red blood cells in human donorThu, 1 Sep 2011, 19:36:25 EDT
- An advance toward blood transfusions that require no typing Wed, 9 Mar 2011, 12:24:01 EST
- Bioreactors might solve blood-platelet supply problemsTue, 23 Dec 2008, 10:21:42 EST